11.12.09

With My Students: Cooking and Crafting

Today is the last day having an English course in my gallery. I have 14 students of elementary school, learning English with me. Three in the first grade, five in the third grade and six in the fourth grade. Once a month, we have a crafty time. The theme is according to the lesson taught. Once a semester, we have cooking time. Today, I combined those two activities, cooking and crafting. My driver picked 9 of them in their school (different from my DDs' school), then dropped in my house. Then we started making the cake, a simple one.

The recipe: 250 gr flour, 250 sugar, 250 gr margarine, 5 eggs, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla powder. How to : mix sugar and margarine, until a bit white. Pour 5 yolks and mix, then the baking powder and the vanilla powder. On the other bowl, stir the egg white until stiff, then mix together with the dough. Then pour in the aluminum baking pan. Bake in 175 degree for around 40 minutes.


Making the cake. Sugar, flour, eggs were poured by each of them. So, sugar was poured in 20 spoons!!


While the cake was in the oven, they made a Christmas card, using stamps, punches and colored pencils. There was a "Snowmen" from Hero Arts; Santa, X'mas Tree and Angel from PSX. Punches from Carla and Paper Shaper


Look!! They are very serious in coloring the stamped images... They love the Snowmen...


Almost finish...............................and.....................tadaaa........here are our cards.......
(forgot to picture each of them)


Lunch from Wendy's...........................and.............here is the cake....hmm..so yummy....


Each of them got 2 pieces....... Before going home, play "We wish you a Merry Christmas"

See you in January 2010, my little fellows...

(PS. I love my life as a crafter, that I can share my I can to these little fellows. Who knows, some day they can be DT or owner of the craft store......Amen..)

Thanks for looking...

1 comment:

Godelieve said...

Ah, it looks like the kids had a very good time! Delicious cake!!